Thickness measurement in hot rolling mills
Thickness measurement is one of the most important measurement tasks in hot rolling mills. With the O-frame and C-frame thicknessCONTROL MTS 820x and MTS 920x series, Micro-Epsilon offers high precision measurement systems. Based on laser triangulation technology that uses a discrete laser line, these systems offer numerous advantages over alternative measurement technologies.
- Material-independent measurements
- Alloy-dependent calibration is not necessary
- Robust for harsh environmental conditions due to protection against emulsion, steam and high temperatures
- Large sensor distance with high precision
- High lateral resolution enables precise edge detection
- Flexible software and hardware enable easy integration to the rolling mill